Fraud Blocker What If A Credit Bureau Does NOT Respond In 30 Days? - Credit Repair Software
CMM Logo

Call Us

(954) 568-7153

Email Us

What If A Credit Bureau Does NOT Respond In 30 Days?

What if Credit Bureau Does Not Reply In 30 Days

Written By Lorenzo Rodriguez

Foreword: Credit Money Machine is the first credit repair software in the industry. Helping consumers and businesses streamline the credit repair process for over 30 years. Remove inaccurate items in your or your client’s credit reports efficiently and accurately. Book a free live demo today, or check out our options and pricing.

You’ve completed the complicated credit repair process, analyzed your credit reports and sent dispute letters to the credit bureaus. However, after 30 days, there’s still no response. What’s your next step?

As a credit repair software developer for over 30 years, here’s my expert advice.

Responsibilities of Credit Bureaus According to the Federal Credit Laws


When you file a dispute with a credit bureau, they are required by law to investigate the matter within 30 days. During this time, they must communicate with the creditor or entity providing the disputed information and correct any inaccuracies.

If 30 days have passed, and you have yet to receive a response from the credit bureau, it’s time to take action. 

Here are the steps you should follow when there’s no reply from a credit bureau after 30 days:

1. Check your credit report.

First and foremost, the credit bureau can make changes to your credit report without explicitly replying to your dispute. In some cases, the credit bureau may investigate your dispute and make corrections or updates to your credit report without sending a formal response to you. 

Thus, you should monitor your credit report regularly to ensure any disputed information has been accurately updated or removed. 

You can easily check your credit report and detect changes by using the Credit Money Machine. 

Monitor Credit Reply if the bureau does not reply in 30 days

This credit repair software automatically detects errors. Moreover, it compares the previous and latest credit reports and automatically updates the statuses of your disputes. So you don’t have to go through the hassle of checking your credit reports. You just have to click the Extract Report button, and the software will prepare everything for you.

The good thing about this software is it allows different types of credit report providers. So you can use the account you already have or sign up for the provider you prefer if you haven’t already. See the image below for options.

Credit Report Providers in Credit Money Machine
You make book a live presentation of Credit Money Machine here. The automated credit repair software is also used by many credit repair professionals. So, you’ll get the tools that professionals use.

If there is no update and 30 days have passed, take the next step.

2. Contact the Credit Bureau

Reach out to the credit bureau you filed the dispute with. This can be done via phone or email, using the contact information on their website, or in the credit report they provided.

When contacting them, politely express your concerns about the delayed response to your dispute. Provide them with any relevant details, such as the date you submitted the dispute and any reference numbers or confirmation emails you received.

It’s important to keep a record of all communications with the credit bureau, including the date and time of your contact and the name of the representative you spoke with. And any information they provide regarding the status of your dispute.

If you cannot resolve the issue with the credit bureaus by phone or email, proceed to the next step.

3. Send a Certified Letter

If contacting the credit bureau by phone or email doesn’t yield results, consider sending a certified letter. In the letter, reiterate your dispute, mention the lack of response within the 30-day timeframe, and request immediate action to resolve the issue.

Here’s a sample of a certified letter you can use as a guide:

[Your Name]
[Your Address]
[City, State, Zip Code]

[Credit Bureau Name]
[Credit Bureau Address]
[City, State, Zip Code]

Certified Mail Receipt: [Insert Certified Mail Tracking Number]

Subject: Follow-up on Dispute Resolution Request


Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to follow up on a dispute resolution request I submitted to your bureau regarding inaccuracies in my credit report. The dispute was filed on [Date of Dispute Submission]. As of today, [Current Date], I have not received any response or acknowledgment from your bureau within the mandated 30-day timeframe.

I understand that it is the credit bureau’s responsibility to investigate and resolve disputes within a reasonable period. However, the lack of communication or action from your end is concerning and unacceptable.

Enclosed with this letter, please find a copy of the original dispute letter I submitted for your reference. I urge you to prioritize this matter and provide a prompt resolution. As a consumer, I have the right to accurate and up-to-date information on my credit report, and the failure to address this dispute promptly is impeding my ability to maintain the integrity of my financial records.

Please investigate this matter immediately and provide me with a written response outlining the results of your investigation. Additionally, I expect the necessary corrections to be made to my credit report in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).

Please acknowledge receipt of this letter and provide me with an update on the status of my dispute within [Specify a reasonable timeframe, e.g., 10 business days]. If I do not receive a satisfactory response within this timeframe, I will be compelled to escalate this matter to the appropriate regulatory authorities, including filing a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to a swift resolution and restoring accuracy to my credit report.

[Your Name]


– Copy of Original Dispute Letter
– Certified Mail Receipt

Alternatively, if you have the credit repair software, Credit Money Machine, you can use the AI text generator inside the program to craft the certified letter for you.

AI Content Generator in CMM

Navigate to the Dispute Center or the Template Manager and click the Generate AI Content button. Then, Type in your prompt and click on the generate button. You’ll see the generated reply in the Generated area. Here’s an example (see image below).

Certified Letter from AI Content Generator in CMM

Here’s an article about how you can utilize CMM AI content generator for your other writing needs

If there is still no response, do the next step.

4. File a Complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)

If the credit bureau still does not respond, you can escalate the matter by filing a complaint with the CFPB. The CFPB is a government agency tasked with protecting consumers in the financial sector. They have the authority to investigate complaints and take enforcement actions against credit bureaus that violate consumer rights.

How To file a complaint with the CFPB:

1. Visit the CFPB’s website at and submit a complaint.

2. Select “Credit Reporting” as the financial product or service you’re having an issue with.

3. Provide the required information, including details about the dispute, your attempts to resolve it with the credit bureau, and any relevant documentation. Be sure to include as much information as possible to support your case. This may include copies of your original dispute letters and records of communication with the credit bureau.

Once your complaint is submitted, the CFPB will review the information provided and may contact the credit bureau on your behalf to investigate the matter further. Therefore, filing a complaint with the CFPB can often prompt a more expedited response from the credit bureau in question.

While waiting for a response from the CFPB, continue to monitor your credit report regularly for any updates or changes. Remember to keep copies of all correspondence and documentation related to your dispute, as this information may be useful in further investigations or legal proceedings if necessary.

5. Consult Legal Assistance

In cases where the credit bureau continues to disregard your dispute, you may want to seek legal advice. An attorney specializing in consumer rights and credit reporting can provide valuable guidance and support. 

Legal professionals can assess the details of your case and advise you on your rights under the law. They can help you navigate the complex legal processes involved in disputing credit report inaccuracies. They can also represent you in negotiations with the credit bureau or take legal action if warranted. For instance, filing a lawsuit for violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)

With their expertise, attorneys can work to ensure that your rights are upheld and that any errors on your credit report are corrected. Ultimately, it helps safeguard your financial reputation and well-being.

6. Consider Freezing Your Credit

While waiting for resolution, consider placing a freeze on your credit report to prevent further unauthorized access. A credit freeze restricts access to your credit report, making it more difficult for identity thieves to open new credit accounts in your name. 

To initiate a credit freeze, you’ll need to contact each of the three major credit bureaus – Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion – and request the freeze. Remember that while a credit freeze provides added security, it can also temporarily limit your ability to apply for new credit. However, you can easily lift the freeze temporarily or permanently when needed by contacting the credit bureaus and providing the necessary information. 

By freezing your credit, you can mitigate the risk of further financial harm. At the same time, you focus on resolving the dispute and ensuring the accuracy of your credit report.

Dealing with inaccuracies on your credit report can be frustrating, especially when the credit bureau fails to respond within 30 days. However, being proactive and asserting your rights as a consumer is crucial. By following the steps outlined in this article and staying persistent, you can increase the likelihood of resolving the dispute and ensuring the accuracy of your credit history. Remember, staying informed and taking action are key to protecting your financial well-being.

Looking for a Credit Repair Software?

Whether you are searching for personal or professional help, we got you covered!

Extract credit reports, detect errors, assigns dispute letters, types, and reasons within 15 seconds and only 1 click. Moreover, it flags down inquiries that are link to positive account and pre-mark letters that you should send to bureaus.

Super easy to use, accurate, fast, and efficient!

Alternatively, you can Book a Live DEMO for free to see our powerful software in action.

For credit repair business start-ups, I recommend learning about credit repair laws to avoid legal issues and a guide on how to start credit repair business.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About What to do When Credit Bureau Does Not Reply in 30 Days.


1. Q: What should I do if the credit bureau doesn’t respond to my dispute after 30 days?

A: If you have not received a response from the credit bureau within the mandated 30-day timeframe, you should take proactive steps. First, check that the item has been corrected in your credit report. If not, contact the credit bureau directly to inquire about the status of your dispute. If necessary, follow up with a certified letter reiterating your concerns and requesting immediate action. You may also file a complaint with the CFBP or seek legal assistance. Moreover, you may request a credit freeze to protect your credit while waiting for the bureau’s reply.

2. Q: Can I file a complaint with a regulatory agency if the credit bureau doesn’t respond?

A: Yes, if the credit bureau fails to address your dispute, you have the option to file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). The CFPB oversees credit reporting agencies and can investigate complaints of non-compliance with consumer protection laws.

3. Q: How can I freeze my credit report?

A: To freeze your credit report, you’ll need to contact each of the three major credit bureaus – Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion – individually. They will guide you through the process. This process typically involves verifying your identity and providing specific information. Keep in mind that a credit freeze may temporarily limit your ability to apply for new credit.

4. Q: Is it possible for the credit bureau to update my credit report without notifying me?

A: Yes, it is possible for the credit bureau to make changes to your credit report based on the results of their investigation into your dispute without sending a formal response to you. Thus, it’s essential to monitor your credit report regularly to ensure that any disputed information has been accurately updated or removed.

5. Q: What should I do if I suspect fraudulent activity on my credit report?

A: If you suspect fraudulent activity on your credit report, such as accounts you didn’t open or unauthorized inquiries, you should immediately act. Contact the credit bureaus to report the fraud. Then, place a fraud alert on your credit report. Moreover, consider freezing your credit to prevent further unauthorized access. Additionally, file a report with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and report the fraud to the affected creditors.


Automate the Credit Repair Process

Whether you are searching for personal or professional help, we have the best credit repair software for you!

Cut the whole credit repair process to 15 seconds in just one click with our AI integrated credit repair software.